Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rise and Shine Mommy

So there is nothing that I enjoy more than waking up and finding that my children have been awake for at least an hour and doing their best to keep themselves "occupied." There is no limit to their creativity really. For instance, I woke just this morning to find that my middle child had turned my living room into her personal art studio. It appeared that she had been working on some sort of paper piecing project and left the proof on the floor. I am expecting a beautiful mosaic piece for my bathroom or the next animation hit of this century. My youngest likes to help himself to yogurt. I have only recently broken him of eating it on the carpet in the living room. My oldest's only crime is watching shows that he knows I wouldn't approve of (tsk tsk). He has suffered many tv groundings and somehow it still hasn't really sunk in. It's almost like he's... addicted. My husband often suggests that my day would go better if I were to wake up before the kids and be ready to go when they are. But that would put me up around, oh I don't know, 4:30 am and I just don't think that would make anyone happy. So I continue to accept the fact that I will continually wake up to mayhem until maybe they are teenagers wise up and sleep in.

No comments: